Preventing theft in your own home
Burglary is always a crime of opportunity. Burglars look for easy targets. If you take a few simple and inexpensive steps to make sure your home is not an attractive target, you’ll greatly reduce your chances of becoming a victim.
Studies show that most burglars attack during the daytime when dense bushes and trees protect them from view, and the building appears unoccupied.
- One-third of burglars enter from the basement.
- One-third of burglars force entry through a window or door.
- One-third of burglars gain access from an unlocked/open door or window.
Smart steps to deter criminals
Click through to learn more about crime prevention for your home:
- What to do inside your home
- What to do outside your home
- Crime prevention “Don’ts” to avoid
- Protecting your home when you’re on vacation
- What to do after a break-in
Contact the staff at our local office for more crime prevention tips.